Getting started in oil for absolute beginners (Still life) Wednesday 6th May. All materials included.
Still life in Oils for beginners Wednesday 6th May
Tea coffee and squash provided, bring your own packed lunch.
Learn how to paint a still life, in oil paint.
I take you through some drawing techniques, these are great confidence boosters if you are an absolute beginner and they are still useful for more experienced artists too.
Next we will set up a mini still life, we'll look at composition, lighting and a try drawing it in pastel. Feel free to bring an object, fabric background etc to add to your still life.
The rest of the day will be setting up our 'final' still life. I'll take you through the process , step by step, so that you can leave the day with a finished (or close to finished) oil painting. We work on a cute 15cm X 15cm canvas.
Do not worry at all if you have no experience in oil.
Your materials and canvas are provided.
I’ll even give you some hints on what to buy ( how not to spend an absolute fortune) if you want to continue on your oil journey!
There is only space on my course for 4 people, so please make sure you can attend before booking, as I'm unable to refund this course due to the small numbers.
My Art Workshops are all designed for beginners and intermediates . So even if you haven’t picked up a paintbrush in years, I can help you through the day and you’ll make progress.
Basic materials are provided but it might be useful to bring your own. If you do not have any art materials, please contact me before buying any new ones, as I can give you a list of essentials which might save you money!
Bookings for Art Workshops are subject to the following terms:
* All bookings are subject to available places with the workshop
* Your booking is not confirmed until full payment has been made for one day workshops.
* All payments are made online via PayPal. If you are unable to pay via PayPal you can pay via direct deposit into my bank account. Please contact me for details. You can send a cheque but this must be received at least four weeks before the course date.
*I reserve the right to cancel or reschedule workshops were required. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling by me you will receive a full refund.
* Cancellation Policy – If you wish to cancel your booking into an art workshop then you need to give a minimum of eight weeks notice prior to the workshop. You will receive a full refund for cancellations where at least eight weeks notice is given.
No refunds or transfers will be given for cancellations with less than eight weeks notice.
* Full details for the workshop you have booked into can be downloaded immediately after payment.
* Painting workshops can result in paint getting on clothing and personal items. We take no responsibility for damages due incurred at classes. Your personal items are your responsibility.
* If you sign up for the Oil painting workshops You will be going home from the workshop with a wet painting. Please ensure you have planned for how you will transport your painting home. I am afraid I am unable to store any work created during workshops.
* Photos – You are welcome to take photos of your painting progress through out the day. Please ask permission to take photos of anyone else’s work. I will take photos of the class. These photos might be used marketing purposes including (but not limited to) use in websites, social media, blogs, advertising, print media and more. If you do not wish to be in photos from the class or give your consent for your images to be used for marketing purposes simply let me know at the start of the day.
By booking into an art class on my website you are accepting these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.