Art for pleasure course Monday 10th September
Monday 10th September 10.30-3.30
We begin with drawing. A few quick drawings to start you off. These are useful for absolute beginners to give you some confidence, and for more established artists to warm up.
We will continue drawing in a variety of ways so that you have some good techniques to take away with you and help you draw in the future.
You may choose to spend more time on drawing if you'd like.
Option 1 - If you would like to focus on drawing, I will set up a couple of "still lives" for us to work on. This will develop your observation skills further, it will also help us understand how to leave things out to create a more pleasing composition.
Option 2 -If you prefer to paint- after a few initial sketches we'll finalise how to paint our scene. Ideal media for this is watercolour or pastel.We will also consider how to think about colour, how to approach a complex scene (bring A4 prints of a photo you'd like to try to paint). We will look at composition, what to put in, what to leave out and how to create space.
Option 3 - bring along something that you've tried before and can't resolve. Bring a painting that needs finishing but you've lost your artistic stamina. I can help you on your artistic journey!
You can ask for help on any particular aspect of your own art. You can spend more or less time on different media or your choice of focus. With a maximum 5 people in each class, I have plenty of time with everyone, to really help you improve your artwork.
My Art Workshops are all designed for beginners and intermediates . So even if you haven’t picked up a paintbrush in years, I can help you through the day and you’ll make progress.
Basic materials are provided but it might be useful to bring your own. If you do not have any art materials, please contact me before buying any new ones, as I can give you a list of essentials which might save you money!
Bookings for Art Workshops are subject to the following terms:
* All bookings are subject to available places with the workshop
* Your booking is not confirmed until full payment has been made for one day workshops.
* All payments are made online via PayPal. If you are unable to pay via PayPal you can pay via direct deposit into my bank account. Please contact me for details. You can send a cheque but this must be received at least four weeks before the course date.
*I reserve the right to cancel or reschedule workshops were required. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling by me you will receive a full refund.
* Cancellation Policy – If you wish to cancel your booking into an art workshop then you need to give a minimum of six weeks notice prior to the workshop. You will receive a full refund for cancellations where at least six weeks notice is given.
No refunds or transfers will be given for cancellations with less than four weeks notice.
* Full details for the workshop you have booked into can be downloaded immediately after payment.
* Painting workshops can result in paint getting on clothing and personal items. We take no responsibility for damages due incurred at classes. Your personal items are your responsibility.
* If you sign up for the Oil painting workshops You will be going home from the workshop with a wet painting. Please ensure you have planned for how you will transport your painting home. I am afraid I am unable to store any work created during workshops.
* Photos – You are welcome to take photos of your painting progress through out the day. Please ask permission to take photos of anyone else’s work. I will take photos of the class. These photos might be used marketing purposes including (but not limited to) use in websites, social media, blogs, advertising, print media and more. If you do not wish to be in photos from the class or give your consent for your images to be used for marketing purposes simply let me know at the start of the day.
By booking into an art class on my website you are accepting these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.