Drawing in the V&A Tuesday 26th March (including travel to and from Salisbury)
Drawing in the Cast courts of the V&A
Pick up from the Boat house, Salisbury 8.00am. (return to Salisbury by about 6.00pm depending on traffic)
Travel to London via executive minibus directly to the V & A.
We will be focusing on the Cast courts, where casts of the world's most famous sculptures are exhibited.
We'll begin with some drawing techniques.
Next we will look at particular sculptures and I’ll show you some possible ways to approach complex subject matter, including rule of thumb, guidelines, proportion, volume/mass and contour drawing.
Depending on our artistic stamina we will probably break for lunch around 12.30ish.
Please bring your own packed lunch or you can eat in the cafe.
In the afternoon you’ll be applying the techniques we used in the morning to other pieces. You are welcome to stay in the cast courts or explore other galleries.
With a maximum of 12 people, I’ll still be able to help you even if you decide to go elsewhere.
Bring your own drawing materials. This promises to be a super day out. If you've ever wished you had the courage to draw in a gallery, let this day be the day. I'll help you through, give you confidence and some great tips for you to use when you go to gallery on your own.
My Art Workshops are all designed for beginners and intermediates . So even if you haven’t picked up a paintbrush in years, I can help you through the day and you’ll make progress.
Basic materials are provided but it might be useful to bring your own. If you do not have any art materials, please contact me before buying any new ones, as I can give you a list of essentials which might save you money!
Bookings for Art Workshops are subject to the following terms:
* All bookings are subject to available places with the workshop
* Your booking is not confirmed until full payment has been made for one day workshops.
* All payments are made online via PayPal. If you are unable to pay via PayPal you can pay via direct deposit into my bank account. Please contact me for details. You can send a cheque but this must be received at least four weeks before the course date.
*I reserve the right to cancel or reschedule workshops were required. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling by me you will receive a full refund.
* Cancellation Policy – If you wish to cancel your booking into an art workshop then you need to give a minimum of eight weeks notice prior to the workshop. You will receive a full refund for cancellations where at least eight weeks notice is given.
No refunds or transfers will be given for cancellations with less than eight weeks notice.
* Full details for the workshop you have booked into can be downloaded immediately after payment.
* Painting workshops can result in paint getting on clothing and personal items. We take no responsibility for damages due incurred at classes. Your personal items are your responsibility.
* If you sign up for the Oil painting workshops You will be going home from the workshop with a wet painting. Please ensure you have planned for how you will transport your painting home. I am afraid I am unable to store any work created during workshops.
* Photos – You are welcome to take photos of your painting progress through out the day. Please ask permission to take photos of anyone else’s work. I will take photos of the class. These photos might be used marketing purposes including (but not limited to) use in websites, social media, blogs, advertising, print media and more. If you do not wish to be in photos from the class or give your consent for your images to be used for marketing purposes simply let me know at the start of the day.
By booking into an art class on my website you are accepting these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.