The recent surprise freezing weather has taken its toll.
In my last blog a couple of weeks ago I proudly referred to varnishing my RA entry.
I closed the door on my garden studio, safe in the knowledge that dust and airborne impurities would be kept to a minimum and all would be well.
The temperature dropped so dramatically that when I checked on the varnish a few days later I discovered it had bloomed - a couple of areas had dried unevenly and were a little cloudy.
I was devastated.
I was advised to knock it back with a little turpentine, leave it in a warmer room and try again.
This didn't really work.
By now I was panicking, it was far to late to start a painting from scratch and whilst I have a healthy body of work now, in preparation for an exhibition, I rarely work in the dimensions I was planning to submit, so I simply had to salvage what I could.
My rescue in the end came in the form of Micheal Harding's glaze medium.
I've been using Micheal Hardings excellent quality paints for a while now. I'd heartily recommend them to anyone wanting to take their work to another level. The glaze medium seems to have done its job and I think it's worked. There certainly isn't a cloud on the painting anymore.
However the original uneven drying might count against me in the selection process as the painting isn't perfect.
Then again, maybe its not meant to be!
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area = 1
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results