Do you wish you knew how to navigate your way into the art world?
I've got Seven reasons why you should to come to an art fair.
There are plenty of articles, blogs and books for artists, on how to approach galleries to sell their work. There are almost as many books on how to sell without gallery representation.
But there doesn’t seem to be much advice for first time collectors to buy art!
1. There’s absolutely loads to see. At Surrey art fair (23-25th February) they’ll be over 160 artists exhibiting so you’re bound to see something that you like.
2. Variety. With so much on offer, you’ll very quickly get an idea of what you like and what you don’t like. You don't have to like it all!
3. You get to wonder about at your leisure looking at art.
4. While you’re wondering about there’s sometimes wine or right good cup of coffee if that’s what you prefer.
5. You get talk to the artists. Ask them about their work. Ask them about the medium they are working in.
6. You can work out the right piece for you. Tell the artist where you’re thinking about putting the work - they might have a great idea for you. Discuss what you might want, even if you're still unsure. The artist will want to help you.
7. Take your time. If you’re there to buy some artwork you want to do a lap of the fair first. Then you want to go and have a look at your shortlist.
Then have a cup of tea and think about it and finally make the leap and buy that piece of work that you want to complete the decor in your home.
Get advance tickets here
Or sign up here for 2-for-1 tickets
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area = 1
Gap/Space Between Posts = 10px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results